Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Clear the Decks

What are you seeking from God? That might be a very complex question for you. Some come to God to go to heaven. Some come to God in order to receive the blessings only He can give. Some come to God to find healing. Some come to God so that their children will hear about Him. Some come to God so they can fix their life. Some come to God so that the world that seems cruel and unfair will change and become fair and without problems. But, why did you come to God? Go all the way back to the moment of your salvation. Why? I would submit that if it was not because of the great love He has for you and has demonstrated through the life and death of Christ in forgiving your sins He might not be Lord of your life. When He is Lord He does not come in to just get you to heaven, receive blessings, find healing, teach children, fix lives, or any other isolated need. He comes in to "clear the decks for divine action". When a submarine is about to go underwater they have to make sure the decks are clear. God want to use you for His glory. You were created by Christ and for Christ. At some point we have convinced ourselves that we have an option not to let Him use us for divine action. Here's the deal!



Galatians 2:20-21, "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21 I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose. "

No comments:

Post a Comment