Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Am I Making a Difference?

Last night I was watching something on television (I don’t remember what.) and the thought came to me, “Are you making a difference even if it does not feel like it, you can’t see it or know it?” I remember several years ago a first year teacher told me her biggest disappointment was that she thought she would make a difference. In ministry I have had the same feeling at times. A policeman might have the same thought as he/she picks up the same person time after time. What about Moses as he went to Pharaoh for the 9th time? What about Jesus as Peter said “I do not know Him”. What about Paul with and church after church that just did not understand grace? You can make a difference just doing the little things. Oswald Chambers puts it like this, “We have no idea what God’s goal may be; as we continue, His purpose becomes even more and more vague. God’s aim appears to have missed the mark, because we are too nearsighted to see the target at which He is aiming.” Below is a clip about a man who just did the little things in a town of 2000 people. What if we all lived like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment