Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Delighting to do God's Will?


Where are you in relation to God’s will? The Psalmist wrote, “I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.” (PS 40:8) Could you say, “I delight to do your will?” That is what surrender is all about. This morning the devotion from the Oswald Chambers My Utmost for His Highest was about surrender and it make me ask myself that question. To be honest some times I delight it so much and at others is seems very difficult to find delight in God’s will. So, where does the problem lie. I think it lies within me. There is this constant battle between the flesh and the Spirit (Gal 5:16-17). When I loose focus of the things that really matter, I loose that delight to do His will. Where are you in relation to God’s will?

No comments:

Post a Comment