Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Betrayal


Have you ever felt betrayed? I mean when someone very close to you turns their back on you. Someone leaves you. It hurts. It is most likely that on Wednesday Jesus was betrayed by Judas and Peter (Luke 22:47-62). These were two very different men yet much the same. It is clear that Judas had an agenda to make sure that his relationship with Christ was turned into a personal benefit at any cost. Peter was a man who loved Christ and had proclaimed he would die for Him. Judas betrayed Christ by saying ,“I know Him”, while Peter denied Him by saying “I do not know Him”. Judas’ “I know Him” was tainted with “but He means nothing to me”. Peter’s “I don’t know Him” was tainted with “but I really do”. Neither man made the second statement but history tells us of the truth of them. Judas sold Jesus for 30 pieces of silver. Peter denied Him to save his own life and to fight off pressures. Judas went out and hung himself. Peter went out and wept bitterly. Judas’ life came to a bitter end. Peter’s life turned and made a huge impact in the early church. Will you live a Judas life and try to use Jesus for your own advancement or will you live a Peter life and repent and make a huge impact in the church of today. The choice is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment