Search This Blog

Monday, October 4, 2010

What Do We Have to Offer?


Mary Anne and I had a refreshing time at the beach last week and are encouraged to come back to continue God’s call on our lives. As we left the beach we stopped by the donut shop at about 10:45 on Sunday. As I surveyed the people there were those who appeared to be coming by after/before church and those who did not appear to have church on the agenda. I realize there is certain risk in trying to make that distinction by how someone looks/dresses, but I did. This question crossed my mind, “What does the church have to offer that is worth all the trouble?” I think I have just three simple answers: Jesus, a faith family and eternal hope. Therefore, should we not make Jesus, our faith family and eternal hope our priorities? We have nothing to offer greater than Jesus. A faith family that really cares is always special. Hope is missing in so many lives so let us have eternity on the brain. Fall in love today with Jesus, your faith family and let us all look to our eternal prize with great hope. 

2 Cor 11:3 But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment