Search This Blog

Monday, November 29, 2010

CAUGHT IN WHOREDOM

God led me to the book of Jeremiah in the past weeks. I have not been real faithful in reading it. It is kind of depressing. Today, I was in chapter three. There Jeremiah is declaring all that God tells him to say. In this one chapter he refers to Israel (His people) as a whore. Why? Because they were a nation who was adulterous. I am sure there were some husbands cheating on wives and wives cheating on husbands, but that is not the focus here. "Because she took her whoredom lightly, she polluted the land, committing adultery with stone and tree." (v9).

Israel had replaced God with stuff. Stuff made of wood and stone. We find ourselves doing the same thing. Here is what God wanted proclaimed.

"Return, faithless Israel, declares the Lord. I will not look on you in anger for I am merciful declares the Lord; I will not be angry forever." (v12).

Are you caught up in your whoredom and forgotten God?

Return "for He is merciful".

Take time to read Jeremiah 3

No comments:

Post a Comment