Search This Blog

Saturday, November 20, 2010

COST AND JUNK

Just got a text that offed me a .243 with a scope for $450. I think I want a gun. Why? Not sure! I do not hunt. I might go once a year but I do not even own a  piece of camo clothing. Here is what I think I have learned. I like the thought of owning a good gun but I just don't want to pay the cost. Now, if I could find a good one for about $250 I would probably buy it. My friend said, "I thought you wanted a good gun not a piece of junk". $250 gets me a piece of JUNK. 


Here is the lesson I learned:


This is how many people approach Christianity. They want a good strong Christian life but they are not going to pay what that cost. Dietrich Bonhoeffer wrote a great book The Cost of Discipleship that would be a great read as well as David Platt's Radical or Francis Chan's Crazy Love to inspect yourself as to the cost of discipleship. 


DON'T SETTLE!
Matthew 10:37-39 (New International Version)


   37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment