Search This Blog

Friday, November 19, 2010

Wise Words from Tiger Woods

Tiger Woods wrote an op-ed for Newsweek. Can we learn anything? I think so.


He wrote, "At first, I didn’t want to look inward. Frankly, I was scared of what I would find—what I had become. But I’m grateful that I did examine my life because it has made me more grounded than I’ve ever been; I hope that with reflection will come wisdom. Golf is a self-centered game, in ways good and bad. So much depends on one’s own abilities. But for me, that self-reliance made me think I could tackle the world by myself. It made me think that if I was successful in golf, then I was invincible. Now I know that, no matter how tough or strong we are, we all need to rely on others."


LESSONS


LOOKING INWARD IS GOOD



  • Proverbs 27:19 (ESV) As in water face reflects face, so the heart of man reflects the man. 
SELF-RELIANCE IS BAD

  • 1 Corinthians 10:12 (ESV) Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall.   
NO ONE IS INVINCIBLE

  • Just as 1 Cor 10:12 says, "take heed lest he fall". The Bible is filled with people who thought they were invincible and fell. David is a great case study. 
WE REALLY DO NEED EACH OTHER
  • Other people are there for us. Don't make your journey alone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment