Search This Blog

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Frozen Ponds - Frozen Lives

Today is the first time I have seen a pond that was frozen close to my house. This has been the first time in the 22 years I have passed that pond that the top was frozen. Now, this is because we have experienced sub-freezing temperatures for a few days now. I began to think about these things from a spiritual and life viewpoint. The reason the water froze is because it is not a flowing stream. Yes, I know there are times when streams freeze, but just stay with me a minute. Look at our lives. How do we keep our lives from becoming frozen? I believe the Word of God, the Holy Spirit and our personal relationship with Christ keeps us in an ever-changing mode. You cannot stay the same and continue to walk closely to Christ. We are going be ever growing in our relationship with Christ. Paul wrote, “Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love (Eph 4:15-16). So, don’t freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment