Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2010

R U Available?

There are times when someone brings a great message, sings a great song, lives an exemplary life, acts in generosity, or sets an example in some godly manner and people will express their gratitude and appreciation for being an instrument of blessing. I remember as a young preacher I would have people come out and shake my hand and say that was a great message (that is what people say when they come to shake the preacher’s hand at the door). I felt uncomfortable with such comments as most people do. I would give the spiritual answer, “It’s just God!” as most people do. Now, that sounds spiritual, but it is not the whole truth. John 15:5 says, “I am the vine a you are the branches he who remains in me and I in Him will bear much fruit, apart from me you can do nothing.”

So, with that in mind we do play a apart. We are to abide. We are to make ourselves available for His use. I can assure you that no man can preach a great sermon, sing a great song, live an exemplary life, act out of generosity or set an example without God, but God also has chosen to use men and women, boys and girls. He will demonstrate His power through people that have been grafted into the vine. On our own we are “NOTHING” but with God we can do all things through Christ our Lord. Make yourself available today.

No comments:

Post a Comment