Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It's My Birthday


Well, today is my birthday. I have had many people wish me a happy birthday today and I plan to make this day happy. I have been asked do I feel older – NO. How old are you – 47. One responded to that number with – WOW! I do not feel 47, ever how that is supposed to feel. I see people my age and I think they look old. My 47 years has been an adventure. I grew up in a family that had then had not. A family that was happy then divorced. A church centered family to a country club centered. A home with no alcohol to one that had a cabinet full. Drank my first beer at home and saw my first girly magazine at home. Was a bad teenager. Always seeking to fit in. Met my wife, had three wonderful children, built a home, youth ministered, pastored, started a church, went to college, seminary, seminary again, spent money, saved little. Been to South America, Central America, Mexico, New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Nashville, Houston, somewhere in Mississippi, New Orleans, Disney, the beach, Washington D.C., and many more places. My favorite is NYC. Would love to go to Hawaii with my wife (if someone wants to give that as a 47th b’day present it would be nice). I have enjoyed this 47 years. I feel young. My mind still dreams. I look forward to more great adventures. There are times when life seemed hard but it really was not. There have been times when it seemed easy but it really was not. Many of the things I thought I hated I really liked. But sometime today 47 years will have been spent by Daniel Ferrell Williams. Where has it gone? More places than I ever thought it would. It has been spent with great returns. I have the greatest family, friends and memories. If you have been part of it, thanks. If not, maybe we can make that happen in the next 47. That would be 94. That has a good ring to it. How old are you? 94? No, but I am halfway there. Enjoying the ride. Working on the dash (1963 – ). Age is nothing but a number. I will LOVE and LAUGH and LIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment