Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Have You Changed?

One of the best books I read in 2009 was Crazy Love by Francis Chan. It prompts me to ask this question of you today. “If you stopped believing in God today how much different would your life look?” Has God really changed the way you live your life. Is your life more concerned with Him and others? Do you love the least? Do you love who everyone else has rejected. I have recently met a family that has changed my life. They have put me on a course to learning to love everyone. Have I arrived? No! Am I moving? Yes! Why does God tell us over and over to love one another? Because we learn we loveable by others loving us. The New Testament says at least 14 times “love one another”. Let us look different as we make a difference. “It is not scientific doubt, not atheism, not pantheism, not agnosticism, that in our day and in this land is likely to quench the light of the gospel. It is a proud, sensuous, selfish, luxurious, church-going, hollow-hearted prosperity.”[1] Be careful how you live. God told His people in Haggai 1:5 and 7 to "consider your ways". Take time to read Haggai chapter 1 today and consider your ways.



[1] Frederic D. Huntington, Forum magazine, 1890. As quoted by Frances Chan in Crazy Love, p. 63.

No comments:

Post a Comment