Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Just a Pair of Shoes

As some of you know, when we relaunched Harvest Church I bought a new pair of shoes. Now, these are no ordinary pair of shoes. They are bright, they are orange, they are original. I created the shoes at the Nike site nikeid. These shoes have given me more opportunities to share about Jesus Christ and Harvest Church than anything I have ever experienced. When someone ask about my shoes are make some kind of remark about them here is my response.

ME: You got a minute for me to tell you about these shoes?

They all have said yes.

See the back of the shoes. They say Harvest Church. That is my church.

Here’s the deal. Two of the most powerful forces on earth are family and the church. Everyone is passionate about family and the color of passion is RED. The church is called to be the light of the World and light is the color YELLOW. RED + YELLOW = ORANGE. That’s why the shoes are ORANGE.
Then they usually say, "What about the GREEN?

The GREEN stands for life and life is found in Christ. Do you know Him?

That’s it and then the dialog begins about their relationship with Christ.

Just a pair of shoes and the gospel of Christ can make a difference. You can get a pair. Check it out here. I dare you. Join me in letting just a pair of shoes open up spiritual conversation. Create your own pair

No comments:

Post a Comment