Search This Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Refreshing

In talking with a member of our faith family last night a word came to mind to describe our WOW Wednesday service last evening – REFRESHING. I know I was refreshed in four ways.
1.     I was refreshed by other people. Paul in writing to the church at Corinth said, “I rejoice at the soming of Stephanas and Forunatus and Achaicus, because they have made up for your absence, for they refreshed my spirit as well as yours.” It is amazing how people can refresh us. (Also see 2 Cor 7:13; Phm 7,20)
2.     I was refreshed by praise. When I can sing unabandoned in praise to God it refreshes my spirit. As the word refresh goes back to fresh. Fresh is when something has its original qualities unimpaired (M-W.com). Praise takes me to the place of my salvation.
3.     I was refreshed by the Word. I love God’s Word. “How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!” (Psalm 119:103, ESV)
4.     I was refreshed through fasting, prayer and communion. When I take a time to spend fasting, praying and focusing on Christ it refreshes my spirit. “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.” (Isaiah 26:3–4, ESV).

No comments:

Post a Comment