Search This Blog

Friday, April 9, 2010

Even a Dog Finds Shadows

God continues to teach through Psalm 91. Today, I have spent time focusing on verses one and two. Trying to commit them to memory.

“He who dwell in the shelter (secret place, KJV) of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the Lord, ‘my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust.”

As I was praying and seeking God, Mary Anne’s dog, Marley, walked around me and moved from laying in the sun to the shade. Even a dog knows where to find shade when the heat is on. God is calling us, to “dwell” (stay) in Him. He will be so large in our life that we can abide (stay) in His shadow. We will be so close to Him that the dust of His feet will be on us. As He moves, we move. As He stops, we stop. We stay with Him. When the heat is too hot, the dangers are ever present and you feel that you are about to be defeated, look around. Are you dwelling in the secret place? Is He your refuge for safety? Is He your fortress for protection? I am reminded of the words of Christ in the later parts of John 6. He had been doing some hard teaching and people were leaving Him. In verse 67 Jesus says, “Do you want to go away as well?”. Peter seemed to most always have good answers, “Lord, to whom shall we go, you have word of eternal life” (v68). We can only be in one place at a time, let us choose the right place.

No comments:

Post a Comment