Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spiritual Understanding Or My Life Sucks

In Colossian 1:9 Paul writes, “For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.” ESV

I like the way The Message puts it, “Be assured that from the first day we heard of you, we haven’t stopped praying for you, asking God to give you wise minds and spirits attuned to his will, and so acquire a thorough understanding of the way in which God works.” MSG

Life brings a variety of situations and circumstances. Sometimes we are seeking to know what to do and other times we are trying to just figure life out. The other day someone told me, “my life sucks” (They were not speaking in regard to my life but their life.) Well, I guess we all have days when we might think for a moment that “my life sucks”. Of which I think God would respond, “Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he’s the one who will keep you on track” (Prov 3:5-6, MSG).

That is what Paul was praying for the Colossian. So, today, don’t try to figure it all out yourself. Listen and look for God for He will keep you on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment