Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

Takeaways from Sunday


Chris Kelley

I know that everyone was shocked to learn of Chris’ resignation. Chris did us an excellent job for the 18 months he was with us. He did a great job getting our Educational Ministry headed in the right direction and did much of the work planning our LIFEgroups. He led our Worship Arts Ministry with excellence and did a great job incorporating skits, drama, video and music. His willingness and vision to take the Vertical High School youth to another level was refreshing. I pray that in this new phase of Chris and Erin’s life that God richly blesses and uses them as I know He will. Erin did a great job working with Stacy in the GLOWORM ministry to our 3-5 year olds. The girls brought so much joy with their laughter and smile and I know those who taught them every week will greatly miss them.

Sunday School

This is such an important time each week in the life of a believer. I know that the teachers are working hard to prepare lessons each week. I love what one of our members said to me yesterday, “The study we are doing is just beating me up.” This is getting beat up in a good way. He said I think the whole church should have to do this study. That tells you that it is good.

LIFEgroups

This is becoming what our family looks so forward to each week. We laughed so hard last night some might have even cried. We were able to get to know each other even better. The reports continue to be encouraging from the LIFEgroups. If you are not part of a LIFEgroup yet, make sure you give it a chance. I promise you will enjoy this time with your church family. I believe it might be church at its best.

Worship

I want to thank Luke Williams, Brittany Henry and the adult praise band for doing a great job bringing us into God’s presence through praise and worship. God is worthy of our praise and is jealous for us. The sermon was probably the most boring I have ever delivered but also one that should be preached more. We must have total confidence in the Word of God. I am enjoying the WHO series. We will continue to look at “Who Is God?”. Before we move on to Who is Jesus? Who is the Holy Spirit? Who Am I? and Who are We? You can go to our web site and download the outlines of these series. Click Here

This Week

I am looking forward to WOW Wednesdays. WOW stands for Wide Open Worship. We are called to worship Him wide open. We will be continuing our series through the Bible as we look at Leviticus and its teaching on Atonement. Don’t miss is. Make sure you join us at 6:30. The AWANA and youth will have things happening as well. If you would like us to add your child to the afterschool program on Wednesdays, please make sure you contact Ricky Watson.

Saturday

I want to encourage the men to join us at 5 Points Baptist for the associational men’s breakfast. We have submitted nominations for man of the year and minister of the year. Please come and support our church and nominees April 24@ 8:30am.

In The Streets

April 24 @ 11 AM be at the FLC for our next In the Streets opportunity. We will be taking food, clothes and groceries to the West End area of Tuscaloosa. This is a great opportunity for you to be Christ to the community. If you have questions, please contact David Cottingham.

No comments:

Post a Comment