Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tiger Woods, Mistakes and Choices

As I watched Tiger answer the questions of the media yesterday, I was glad he took the time to answer questions. I am not sure why I had those feeling because I do not know Tiger and he owes me nothing. There is one point that grinds within me. I keep hearing people (not Tiger) say that he made a mistake. Well, to me a mistake is something that is done inadvertently. Let me give you a few examples:

· A child riding his bike runs into the car in the drive way. That is a mistake.

· A house burns because the iron was left on. That is a mistake.

· A cook drops a pan in the kitchen. That is a mistake.

Mistakes happen all the time. But, when someone does something with a clear understanding of what they are doing it ceases to be a mistake.

· The same child gets spray paint and paints the car he hit by mistake. That is a decision.

· The house burns because someone set it on fire. That is a decision

· The cook gets mad and throws a pan across the room. That is a decision.

The lesson we all have to learn is the serious nature of sin. We must quit minimizing it as a mistake. Few of my sins are mistakes. Most are very conscious decisions. Tiger did not end up in bed with a women who he thought was his wife. He knew what he was doing. It was no mistake. It was a decision, sin, wrong. Tiger said what he did was wrong and he is correct.

So, what choices are we making that are sin?

If there are any misspelled words in this blog, please know it was a mistake.

1 comment:

  1. I needed to read this today as I am in th midst of someone elses bad choices. Thank you for posting this....Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete