Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

People In - People Out


We all have people who come in and out of our lives. Some are friends. Some are family and some you are really not sure who they are. When people come in your life you might like them, love them or hate them. When people go out of your life you might like them, love them or hate them. When people come in and out of your life you feel a multitude of emotions. When people come in and out of your life questions are asked. When they come in questions are asked in an effort to get to know each other. When they go out of your life it seems the questions are of a different nature. The questions for many become more personal. “What did I do wrong?”, “What could I have done differently?”, “Did I dress wrong?”, “Did I comb my hair the wrong way?”, “Why am I taking it so personal?”. Or, “Why did they have to leave so soon?”, “Can I go with you?”. As a child, my parents divorced and I remember the times my father went out of my life. As a child, I watched my mother struggle and die. As a pastor, I have seen people in – people out. I have learned a great lesson it the people in – people out events of life. Make sure you ask the right question. “What impact did God want them to have in my life while they were ‘people in’?” So today, see how God is using you in other people’s lives and how God is using them in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment