Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Book Review – Ragamuffin Gospel




This is a great book. Brennan Manning has given us his best in this book. The subtitle is “Good News for the Bedraggled, Beat-Up, and Burnt Out”. I think we all have been one or all of those. This was my second reading of this book. It came out originally in 1990 and has stood the test of time. If you are a person who sometimes feels you just are not good enough, can’t continue on, or beat up by life, this book is for you. I actually would love to make it mandatory reading for all Christians. We all seem to have people in our life that manifest the idea that we do not measure up. We have set some kind of measuring stick for those that have “made it” and those who have not. This book ministered to me so much. I highly recommend it for everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment