Search This Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

Raising Children - A Look Back

Life in the getting older lane speeds up. I'm with Hannah at orientation at UA today. She is going to major in Early Childhood Development. She love young kids and more importantly they love her. I do not feel old enough to have grown children but I am. What has this journey taught me?

1. Show your children love without condition and say the words "I Love You" often.
2. Confirm that you are loyal to them and truly desire the best God has for their life.
3. Be consistent in all environments - home, church, work, marketplace.
4. Keep them in church for multiple reasons, especially positive peer pressure.
5. Put your relationship with your spouse very high on your priority list.
6. Let them see you read. Bible, books, etc.
7. Let them be them instead of a little you.

Just a little help from a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment