Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Heard Mother's Voice


Mother died in April 2008 after four months of critical sickness. Since the day before she died I have not heard her voice. It was the one thing I just could not remember. I could not hear her voice. Well, her answering machine preserved her voice for me. I have not listened to it until this past Sunday night during our LIFEgroup with Harvest Church. I have been somewhat afraid to hear it because I was afraid of the emotions it might bring out. I felt the Holy Spirit telling me last week that it was time and I was to listen to it during LIFEgroup. I said no. I cannot take the chance to have an emotional breakdown right in front of our LIFEgroup. It was hard to bring the emotions to the front for me, Mary Anne, Luke and Hannah. It did bring tears, but it was also refreshing/releasing. Grief is a weird game to play and it is played differently by most everyone. I would say this is what God taught me through it. My fear is usually greater than reality. Here last words on the machine are God Bless You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment