Search This Blog

Monday, July 26, 2010

Something BIG for God

It seems that many Christians want to do something big for God. They want to do what Andy Stanley does, or sing like Carlo Whitaker or John Mark McMillian or Kari Jobe, or whatever. Some might want to be a Shawn Alexander and share their faith through sports and others just want it to be big. Those are great inspirations and worthy desires but most people do not find the BIG things they find them. I believe that most of the above, who I know none of personally, would say that the BIG things just found them.

I know in my Christian experience if I just stayed at it day after day and walked in the Spirit (Gal 5:16). I have found some of the things that people would say were BIG that have happened in my life happened serendipitiously. That is, I happened upon them as I sought to just “walk in the Spirit”. I think the Christian life is about taking care of the little things and you will serendipitiously find the BIG. 


A tweet the other day by @prodigaljohn was very appropriate for this whole thought process. "David didn't show up to fight Goliath. He brought lunch. Stop looking for the dramatic and be great at the little things."

No comments:

Post a Comment